An experienced Game Designer with clear visions and actionable roadmaps to get there? CV includes balancing game economies and shipping successful products?
Who are we looking for?
Metacore is a team-first game company, looking for a seasoned Game Designer. Our journey has just begun, so you will have a great opportunity – and a great responsibility – in shaping how we go about designing our games.
As a game designer at Metacore, you jump effortlessly between the shoes of your own and our players’. In other words, you can design features that really tickle their fancy in the free-to-play environment. With prior experience as a lead designer, you're able to design and balance complex in-game economies, seamlessly integrating our free and paid features.
Naturally, we hope that you already have the technical skills, experience and ambition to design more engaging games than anyone. But even more than that, we hope you share our passion for serving the desires of our players. In the end, that’s what Metacore is all about.
How do we work?
At Metacore, independence and responsibility go hand in hand. Our small, autonomous teams have full decision-making power over their games and full ownership of their – mostly excellent – results. But topping charts ain’t always smooth.
That’s why we dare to stumble. Failures keep us humble, teach important lessons and get us closer to success. We crave for constructive feedback. It’s the highest form of caring for each other, and for the games we build.
We also like hearing the feedback from our players. We’re great at assuming what could work but only players can prove our hypotheses to hold true. Falling in love with our own ideas is fine as long as players love them too.
Here's what your new role at Metacore looks like:
- You are in charge of the overall vision for game design and keep the team posted on the results
- You design, model, monitor, and balance complex game economy systems, making sure that the game experience is fun and engaging
- You manage the economy and pricing of virtual goods, maintaining a balance between free content and paid currency
- You make sure that every system in the game is tuned and works seamlessly together with the rest
- You’re the the overall go-to person whenever there is a question about a new feature, existing design, or an event going on in the game
- You’ve got deep experience in game design, game systems, and balancing game economies. Lead or senior design experience on a shipped product is required.
- You have a clear understanding of free to play games and how their game economies work, too
- You’ve got a strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design – and that’s what makes you excellent in building needs and emotions in the context of a game
- You’re a logical thinker with strong attention to detail. Working with numbers and analysing data is second nature, and Excel is your weapon of choice.
- You know how to communicate game concepts in a strong and concise way
- Also, it would be great if you had programming or scripting skills, but they are not mandatory
A self-driven programmer with a wide range of experience in game development? Equipped with some serious skills in #C and Unity?That's me
Senior Game Artist
A versatile Game Artist with a sweet spot on mobile games? Mad skills with 3D software like Blender, Maya or 3DS Max?That's me
A creative Marketing Artist who turns heads with phenomenal content? Magic touch with Adobe Aſter Effects, Premier Pro, and Photoshop?That's me
A seasoned Game Designer with ambitious visions and actionable roadmaps to make them real? Know-how in balancing game economies and shipping games?That's me
A self-driven Backend Programmer who prefers game backends efficient, secure and scalable? Familiar with C# and .Net Core and MySQL RDS databases?That's me
An experienced Live Producer with inborn coordination skills? Background in games, eager to oversee their development?That's me
2D Game Artist
A talented Game Artist with a mobile-first skill set? Strong portfolio of casual 2D game art?That's me
An accomplished Art Director with a strong creative vision? Hands-on skills and leadership to create impressive game visuals?That's me