- You are in charge of the overall vision for game design and keep the team posted on the results
- You design, model, monitor, and balance complex game economy systems, making sure that the game experience is fun and engaging
- You manage the economy and pricing of virtual goods, maintaining a balance between free content and paid currency
- You make sure that every system in the game is tuned and works seamlessly together with the rest
- You’re the the overall go-to person whenever there is a question about a new feature, existing design, or an event going on in the game
- You’ve got deep experience in game design, game systems, and balancing game economies. Lead or senior design experience on a shipped product is required.
- You have a clear understanding of free to play games and how their game economies work, too
- You’ve got a strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design – and that’s what makes you excellent in building needs and emotions in the context of a game
- You’re a logical thinker with strong attention to detail. Working with numbers and analysing data is second nature, and Excel is your weapon of choice.
- You know how to communicate game concepts in a strong and concise way
- Also, it would be great if you had programming or scripting skills, but they are not mandatory
Metacore is formed by small game teams, each deciding which games to build, when to ship them, and when to pivot or kill them. As a company, we’re relatively small too. Our headcount is currently 30+, and probably 40+ by the end of this year.
Working at Metacore
Metacore is the game company where players are the closest thing to a boss. That gives a lot of independence and responsibility to our game teams and individuals. Together, we work as Metacore – not for or at Metacore. These six points should give you a good hunch of what that means in practise.
2D Game Artist
Are you a talented Game Artist with a mobile-first skill set? And with a strong portfolio of casual 2D game art?That's me
Are you an accomplished Art Director with a strong creative vision? And with hands-on skills and leadership to create impressive game visuals?That's me