Last updated: 22.3.2021
Metacore Games respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal data about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal data that we process through our games, mobile applications and other products ("Games") and website at www.metacoregames.com ("Website") (together “Services”).
Metacore Games is a gaming company, headquartered in Finland. Our main business is to publish game applications online and through downloadable applications.
For more information about Metacore Games, please see the “Company” section of our Website at www.metacoregames.com.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
What personal data does Metacore Games process?
We process the personal data you submit to us, data we collect automatically in connection with the use of our Services and data we receive from third parties. We process personal data from third party sources (including FacebookID, or similar) only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal data to us.
The personal data that we may process about you broadly falls into the following categories:
The following personal data is processed in connection with the customer relationship:
- User information, such as name, email address, job title, company name;
- Customer relationship details, such as contract, start and end date of customer relationship and services ordered;
- Billing information, such as credit card information, payments made and outstanding;
- Customer interaction, such customer contacts, feedback and complaints; and
- Subscription to marketing communications.
We collect some technical data automatically through the use of our Games or Website, which may be associated with you. This includes IP address, type and device ID of the user's device as well as mobile operating system, browser type, browser version, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), unique device identifiers and other technical information and statistical data. We also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Services, including the Games played and the pages of our Website accessed.
The purpose and legal basis for processing your personal data
We process personal data for the following purposes:
Providing the Service and managing customer relationship
The primary purpose of processing personal data is to provide you the Games and the Website and to manage and maintain the customer relationship between us and you. In this case, our processing of personal data is based on the customer contract.
We may send you emails to inform about new features of our Games, ask for feedback, or provide you relevant information about our Games via other communication channels. We also process personal data to analyse and improve the effectiveness of our advertising. In this respect, processing of personal data is based on our legitimate interest to provide you with relevant information as part of the Games and to promote the Games as well as to personalize the user experience.
You may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service development and information security
We process personal data for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Games and Website to our visitors and ensure their security.
In these cases, the legal basis for data processing is our legitimate interest to ensure that our Service has an adequate level of data security, and that we have sufficient and relevant information at hand to develop our Service.
Fulfilment of our legal obligations
We process certain personal data based on our legal obligations under the applicable legislation, such as bookkeeping laws.
Who does Metacore Games share my personal data with?
We may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- our group companies
- third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Games or Website), or who otherwise process personal data for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal data. A list of our current service providers and partners is as follows: Amazon (Web Services), AppsFlyer, AppLovin, Facebook, Google, HelpShift, Unity;
- to any competent law enforcement or regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential or actual buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal data only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
A "Cookie" is a piece of information that is stored on a user's computer, tablet or phone when they visit a website. Cookies can help in identifying a user's device when they use a mobile application or visit a website and remember helpful details of the use and the choices made by the user to improve the user experience.
Cookies cannot be used alone to identify an individual, but they may be linked directly or indirectly to an identifiable individual when combined with other information. In these cases, cookies may be treated as personal data. If we identify a user based on cookies, we make sure that all cookie information is processed as personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
The cookies we use include
- Essential cookies: These cookies are essential to provide the Website and to enable the use some of its features.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when using the Website.
- Tracking and performance cookies: These cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. We may also use these cookies to serve interest-based advertising.
How does Metacore Games keep my personal data secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures designed to protect the personal data that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data.
International data transfers
Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our servers are located around the world, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal data, we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal data will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If you are a resident of the EU or the European Economic Area ("EEA") we may transfer personal data outside the EU/EEA when our group companies, trusted service providers or partners are established there. To the extent personal data is transferred to a country outside of the EU/EEA, we will use the required established mechanisms that allow the transfer to these third countries, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission.
We retain personal data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need or legal obligation to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When your personal data is no longer necessary to fulfill the purposes defined in this Privacy Notice, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your privacy rights
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data we process:
- The right to request access to personal data about yourself;
- The right to request rectification, restriction or erasure of your personal data. However, certain information is strictly necessary in order to fulfil the purposes defined in this Privacy Notice and may also be required by law. Thus, it may not be possible to remove such personal data.
- The right to object to the processing, that is based on legitimate interest;
- The right to object to processing for marketing purposes and decline from receiving future direct marketing;
- If processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before the withdrawal; and
- The right to data portability, i.e. right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit the personal data to another data controller, to the extent required by applicable law. This applies for personal data processed based on contract or your consent.
Please send above-mentioned requests to us at email@example.com.
If you believe there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal data, you have a right to file in a complaint to your national data protection authority in the EU/EEA, for instance the Finnish Data Protection Ombudsman (www.tietosuoja.fi). You may also file in a complaint to the data protection authority in any other EU country where you live, work, or where you think the alleged violation has occurred.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.