Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Last updated 22.3.2021
Metacore Games respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal data about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
This Privacy Notice addresses the processing of personal data for our recruitment purposes. It applies to personal data we process in connection with your job application and the recruitment process with Metacore Games.
Metacore Games is a gaming company, headquartered in Finland. Our main business is to publish game applications online and through downloadable applications.
For more information about Metacore Games, please see the “Company” section of our Website at www.metacoregames.com.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal data, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data does Metacore Games process?
We may collect your personal data through different means. Primarily, we collect personal data directly from you. When allowed by applicable laws, we may also collect personal data from other sources, such as publicly available databases.
We collect personal data concerning applicants that is necessary to manage the job application and the recruitment process, such as
- basic personal data, e.g. name, home address, email address, and phone number;
- information contained in your job application, e.g. information about your education, previous work experience, qualifications, language skills, IT skills and references; and
- information collected and processed during the recruitment process, e.g. information about the progress of the recruitment process, notes concerning your application, CV and possible interviews, and information concerning possible aptitude tests.
The Purpose and legal basis for processing YOUR personal data
We process personal data of applicants to manage the recruitment process, such as to handle job applications, to inform applicants about the progress of recruitment, and to arrange interviews. Your personal data will be processed based on our legitimate interest to manage and complete recruitment processes.
We may also process your personal data based on your consent, which you are free to revoke at any time.
Who does Metacore Games share my personal data with?
We may disclose personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- our group companies
- third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us, or who otherwise process personal data for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal data. Currently we use Teamtailor software for recruitment purposes.
- to any competent law enforcement or regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential or actual buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal data only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
How does Metacore Games keep my personal data secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures designed to protect the personal data that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data.
International data Transfers
We do not transfer your personal data outside the EU or the European Economic Area.
Your personal data will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes defined in this Privacy Notice.
Most of your personal data will be retained during the course of the recruitment process. Some personal data might be retained after the recruitment process has ended, if required or allowed by national applicable laws. When your personal data is no longer required by law or rights or obligations by either party, we will delete your personal data.
Your privacy rights
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data we process:
- The right to request access to personal data about yourself;
- The right to request rectification, restriction or erasure of your personal data. However, certain information is strictly necessary in order to fulfil the purposes defined in this Privacy Notice and may also be required by law. Thus, it may not be possible to remove such personal data.
- The right to object to the processing, that is based on legitimate interest;
- If processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before the withdrawal; and
- The right to data portability, i.e. right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit the personal data to another data controller, to the extent required by applicable law. This applies for personal data processed based on contract or your consent.
Please send above-mentioned requests to us at email@example.com.
If you believe there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal data, you have a right to file in a complaint to your national data protection authority in the EU/EEA, for instance the Finnish Data Protection Ombudsman (www.tietosuoja.fi). You may also file in a complaint to the data protection authority in any other EU country where you live, work, or where you think the alleged violation has occurred.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.