- You’ll be working on the visual style of our games, creating stunning characters, assets, and environments for different purposes
- Your trademark is 2D art for mobile games and applying it to different contexts
- You respect the story and understand how visuals shape character personas, in-game ambience and unwritten cues of upcoming plot twists
- You’ll join a tightly-knit game team of programmers, designers, marketers and others– all who are excited to have you onboard
- You are comfortable with a lot of autonomy, and an equal amount of responsibility, to develop games that our players love
- You are capable of creating versatile game art in high volumes and with an iterative approach to perfect your work
- You have seen the mobile games industry for at least 2-3 years and shipped casual mobile games
- You are talented in 2D casual game art and have a strong portfolio to prove it
- You work fluently with Unity and 2D software like Photoshop, Illustrator and/or similar
- You might even have experience in 3D art, UI & concept art, and/or outsourcing visual in-game assets (not required)
Metacore is formed by small game teams, each deciding which games to build, when to ship them, and when to pivot or kill them. As a company, we’re relatively small too. Our headcount is currently 30+, and probably 40+ by the end of this year.
Working at Metacore
Metacore is the game company where players are the closest thing to a boss. That gives a lot of independence and responsibility to our game teams and individuals. Together, we work as Metacore – not for or at Metacore. These six points should give you a good hunch of what that means in practise.
Are you an accomplished Art Director with a strong creative vision? And with hands-on skills and leadership to create impressive game visuals?That's me
Commercial Product Lead, Merge Mansion
Are you a business-oriented product specialist who knows how to engage large consumer masses and efficiently operate a live game?That's me