A talented Game Artist with a mobile-first skill set? Strong portfolio of casual 2D game art?
Who are we looking for?
Metacore is a passion-first game company, looking for a talented 2D Game Artist. Our journey has just begun, so you will have a great opportunity – and a great responsibility – in shaping how we go about creating visuals for our games.
Bringing games to life is a sum of multiple skills where yours is game art. As a 2D game artist at Metacore, you will work through the whole game development timeline: from concepting phase to testing, and from polishing final visuals to applying them in user acquisition materials. It’s a long way but that only makes you more excited about it!
Naturally, we hope that you already have the skills, experience and ambition to master 2D game art. But even more than that, we hope you share our passion for serving the desires of our players. In the end, that’s what Metacore is all about.
How do we work?
At Metacore, independence and responsibility go hand in hand. Our small, autonomous teams have full decision-making power over their games and full ownership of their – mostly excellent – results. But topping charts ain’t always smooth.
That’s why we dare to stumble. Failures keep us humble, teach important lessons and get us closer to success. We crave for constructive feedback. It’s the highest form of caring for each other, and for the games we build.
We also like hearing the feedback from our players. We’re great at assuming what could work but only players can prove our hypotheses to hold true. Falling in love with our own ideas is fine as long as players love them too.
Here's what your new role at Metacore looks like:
- You’ll be working on the visual style of our games, creating stunning characters, assets, and environments for different purposes
- Your trademark is 2D art for mobile games and applying it to different contexts
- You respect the story and understand how visuals shape character personas, in-game ambience and unwritten cues of upcoming plot twists
- You’ll join a tightly-knit game team of programmers, designers, marketers and others– all who are excited to have you onboard
- You are comfortable with a lot of autonomy, and an equal amount of responsibility, to develop games that our players love
- You are capable of creating versatile game art in high volumes and with an iterative approach to perfect your work
- You have seen the mobile games industry for at least 2-3 years and shipped casual mobile games
- You are talented in 2D casual game art and have a strong portfolio to prove it
- You work fluently with Unity and 2D software like Photoshop, Illustrator and/or similar
- You might even have experience in UI & concept art, and/or outsourcing visual in-game assets (not required)
A self-driven programmer with a wide range of experience in game development? Equipped with some serious skills in #C and Unity?That's me
Senior Game Artist
A versatile Game Artist with a sweet spot on mobile games? Mad skills with 3D software like Blender, Maya or 3DS Max?That's me
A creative Marketing Artist who turns heads with phenomenal content? Magic touch with Adobe Aſter Effects, Premier Pro, and Photoshop?That's me
A seasoned Game Designer with ambitious visions and actionable roadmaps to make them real? Know-how in balancing game economies and shipping games?That's me
A self-driven Backend Programmer who prefers game backends efficient, secure and scalable? Familiar with C# and .Net Core and MySQL RDS databases?That's me
An experienced Live Producer with inborn coordination skills? Background in games, eager to oversee their development?That's me
2D Game Artist
A talented Game Artist with a mobile-first skill set? Strong portfolio of casual 2D game art?That's me