An analytical strategy and finance professional specialised in highly scalable products? Interested in games, especially the business side of them?
Who are we looking for?
Metacore is a passion-first game company, looking for a self-driven strategy and finance professional. Our journey has just begun, so you will have a great opportunity – and a great responsibility – in shaping how we go about strategically developing our mobile game business (and individual game titles) based on financial data and analysis.
As our Strategy and FP&A Lead, you take ownership of the financial side of our games – be it analysing their current KPIs, forecasting future metrics, spotting seemingly invisible trends and guiding our game teams to the right direction. Player data is the closest thing to a boss at Metacore, and your role is to translate its advice into actionable plans, improved processes and successful strategic shifts. As we’re a low hierarchy organisation, finding someone both with a great head for numbers and hands-on abilities to use them for decision-making, is essential.
Naturally, we hope that you already have the skills, experience and ambition to strategically develop our mobile game business better than anyone. But even more than that, we hope you share our passion for creating and managing phenomenal mobile games for our players. In the end, that’s what Metacore is all about.
How do we work?
At Metacore, independence and responsibility go hand in hand. Our small, autonomous teams have full decision-making power over their games and full ownership of their – mostly excellent – results. But topping charts ain’t always smooth.
That’s why we dare to stumble. Failures keep us humble, teach important lessons and get us closer to success. We crave for constructive feedback. It’s the highest form of caring for each other, and for the games we build.
We also like hearing the feedback from our players. We’re great at assuming what could work but only players can prove our hypotheses to hold true. Falling in love with our own ideas is fine as long as players love them too.
Here's what your new role at Metacore looks like:
- You’ll work with our game teams to bring clarity, transparency and understanding of financial metrics, i.e. expected revenues and expenses in the coming years
- You’ll handle strategic alternative analyses, financial modeling, budgeting and other financial tools to impact our forecasting, business planning and decision-making with actionable insights
- You’ll own and execute business development projects, ranging from strategy to new market entries and regulatory matters
- You’ll build financial models to assist in highly visible strategic projects, i.e. investor presentations
- You’ll identify, source and manage external strategic partnerships for global business development
- You’ll do the above for possibly multiple game titles, starting from Merge Mansion
- You have 4-6 years of relevant experience from finance and/or strategy roles
- You think in numbers and can see the actual business impact of strategic shifts and tactical actions in the long-term
- You excel in managing projects and tackling tasks hands-on while keeping the big picture clear at all times
- You’re a master in analytical problem-solving and financial modeling as well as comfortable with financial statements
- You are able to prioritise and shift focus with all these responsibilities in mind, being able to zone in on what’s most important to get done, and in what order
- Thanks to your strong communication skills, you can fluently partner with cross functional teams, improve processes and present ideas both internally and externally
- You’re comfortable with working in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with little or no hierarchy – yet convincingly representing the company with a senior title in external tables
2D Game Artist
A talented Game Artist with a mobile-first skill set? Strong portfolio of casual 2D game art?That's me
An accomplished Art Director with a strong creative vision? Hands-on skills and leadership to create impressive game visuals?That's me
A seasoned Game Designer with ambitious visions and actionable roadmaps to make them real? Know-how in balancing game economies and shipping games?That's me
A self-driven programmer with a wide range of experience in game development? Equipped with some serious skills in #C and Unity?That's me
An experienced Live Producer with inborn coordination skills? Background in games, eager to oversee their development?That's me
A creative Marketing Artist who turns heads with phenomenal content? Magic touch with Adobe CC and experience with Unity?That's me
Senior Game Artist
A versatile Game Artist with a sweet spot on mobile games? Mad skills with 3D software like Blender, Maya or 3DS Max?That's me
Strategy and FP&A Lead
An analytical strategy and finance professional specialised in highly scalable products? Interested in games, especially the business side of them?That's me
A best-in-class game industry professional looking for new challenges? Visiting this page frequently hoping that one day there was a suitable opening for you?That's me
A self-driven Backend Developer who prefers game backends efficient, secure and scalable? Familiar with C# as well as .Net Core and MySQL RDS databases?That's me